I went to Beijing on the first week of December 2014
It has been years since I first planned on going to Beijing. I found the city very interesting because of its exciting mixture of the past and the present.
I only had 5 reasons in mind why I decided to go to Beijing
- The Great Wall -the longest man-made structure in the world;
- The Forbidden City -the largest and best preserved ancient architectural complex in the world;
- Tian'anmen Square - the largest city square in the world.
- Summer Palace -ancient emperors summer retreat
- The Ming Tombs -the mausoleum of 13 emperors of the Ming Dynasty.
AND 3 more reasons:
- My favorite big brother is going to celebrate his birthday there
- I got a very cheap discounted plane ticket
- I miss wintertime
I got a flight which was a 3 hour night trip via Cebu Pacific. It was already past midnight when I reached Beijing.
My big brother Gary arrived there earlier. He was just waiting for me at the hotel. He arranged a shuttle to pick me up at the airport.
|The Chinese driver doesn't speak/understand English.|
As expected, the weather was cold as ice just the way I wanted.
As soon as I reached the hotel, my sweet big bro was already sleeping. I immediately tucked myself in at the comfy bed and tried to catch some ZZZZzzzz....