Another part of the Beijing Day Tour itinerary was a visit to a tea house. We visited Dr. Tea for tea tasting.
I enjoyed this activity because we were able to try out different tea flavors.
I just like the expert way of how the tea hostess makes, prepares and pours the teas. Furthermore, she also speaks good English.
Some information I learned during tea tasting:
- Jasmine Tea is good in improving eyesight plus it can shake off drowsiness and relieve headache.
- Gin-seng Oolong Tea helps to restore energy and protects liver and kidney
- Golden Green Tea is also known as a Slimming Tea and can help regulate blood pressure, lose weight and lower the cholesterol level
- White Tea can cure colds, coughs and sore throats
- Litchi Tea or black tea is good for digestion.
Aside from the famous teas, Dr. Tea house also sells diverse styles of tea cups and pots. My big bro brought a tea cup with a dragon design which changes to a picture of The Great Wall when hot water is poured in.